It’s only been three weeks since my Annie’s thanksgiving service, but it feels longer. Much longer. I feel the same way about the passing of time since the Lord called my Annie home. And in answer to the most common question I am asked, I’ve narrowed it down to three word responses: “MIssing my Annie!”, “Grieving with hope!”, “Loving my Jesus!”
It’s 4pm. It looks and smells and sounds and feels like Spring has arrived. I’m sat at the dining table; in the house where my Annie grew from tiny cell to toddler to teen to teacher. In fact, I am sat in the very seat she would always commandeer when we’d come back to visit Mom Ruth as Mr and Mrs Muliette; the seat directly in front of the radiator – the hot seat! Oh, I miss her. I miss her very much.
On Friday, April 5th 2013 at 4pm (GMT – UK Time) we will be gathering to give thanks to God for my Annie’s life He gave and saved.
It will be an occasion for memories, singing, praise and testimony to the goodness and faithfulness of God to and through Annie.
If you can make it to the venue that will be great. However, for those that are unable, we plan to live stream it via the internet.
You will need to ensure that you have a good strong internet connection. We can make no promises that the stream will be perfect because we are using a free third party provider. However, we have run tests and with the exception of a few commercials at the beginning and a 10-30 second lag, all has been well.
On rare occasions some tests have resulted in seeing a black screen or a black screen with the USTREAM logo in the centre. Our remedy has been to either use a different internet browser, restart the computer or reset the router. You definitely want to ensure that other internet usage programs (e.g. Skype, Twitter etc) are closed so that they are not sucking any of your internet bandwidth.
We will aim to start the broadcasting 15-30 minutes before the start of the service.
Please check your local time zones and act accordingly. For example, for those of you on the East Coast of the United States, you are most likely on Eastern Standard Time which is GMT -5 hours so you’ll be watching the footage in real time at your local time of 11am (broadcasting from around 10:30am).
We will also be filming the entire service so that it can be uploaded to the blog at a later date.
Either of the following two links will take you to the live stream:
Link 2 – http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rybes – Click Here
I will not be able to deal with any technical issues, but I will be praying that it goes smoothly for all our viewers. Brothers and sisters, please support and join us in prayer on the day too. We desire all the glory to reflect God and be given to God.
ORDER OF SERVICE
- Photo Montage
- Hymn – Rock of Ages
- Reading – Song of Songs Chapter 2 – Mark and Annabel Morgan
- Song – Annie’s Song – performed by Patience Wells
- Memory Testimony – Philippa Jelfs and Frances Collett
- Hymn – Praise the Mighty Name of Jesus
- Reading – Psalm 63:1-8 – John Lodge
- Address – Ryan Muliette
- Hymn – Forever
- Song – Lord You Know – performed by Josh Morgan and Ryan Muliette
- Memory Testimony – Naomi Higton and Jonny Wilson
- Song – Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing – performed by Youth of Manor Park
- Memory Testimony – Larry and Debbie Kineman
- Memory Testimony – Natania Eicher and Alicia Adams
- Hymn – The Lord’s My Shepherd
- Your Memories – lead by Neil Higton
- Poem – How? – Read by Anastasia Rivers; “I stand amazed in the Presence” performed by Patience Wells
- Hyn – Oh The Deep, Deep love of Jesus